• a yoga mat (or tourist mat)
• sheepskin or natural material for yoga exercises and meditation
• a warm blanket or a scarf to cover yourself in the morning during sadhana
• comfortable, preferably white or light color and natural material clothes for warm, cold and rainy weather
• meditation pillow to facilitate sitting on the ground (if necessary)
• scarf, turban or any headcover for sadhana*
• water bottle or cup for drinks
• eating utensils (dishes, bowl, cup, fork, knife, spoon)
• remedies against insects
• a notebook and a pen for personal notes
• clothes for any weather conditions like raincoats or jackets, rubber boots and comfortable shoes
• a tent and sleeping accessories
• personal hygiene items
• additional clothes to keep you warm: socks, sweaters etc.
• a travel kit (patches, napkins, disinfectant, etc.)
• cash for yoga goods market (some sellers might not have the possibility to pay by card)
*Sadhana – reference to morning sadhana, a practise done early in the morning before the sunrise where accordingly to kundalini yoga traditions there is a need to wear a headcover.
What NOT to take with you?
Valuables, professional photo and video cameras, pets.